Wild Rose Detox
1 2
 Wild Rose Detox
vanessa8008
vanessa8008 Member (1593posts)
4/1/2005 9:21:00 AM
Have any of you done this? I am thinking of doing it..
Did it work well? Pros/Cons?
Thanks!

Spiderwoman
Spiderwoman Member (54106posts)
4/1/2005 11:24:00 AM
I've done it.
I like the foods and the recipes.
They give you enough selection for you to have a balanced diet while on the cleanse unlike a lot of other cleanses out there.

It made me pretty crabby and fatigued.
Your poop smells really weird and there's lots of it.
I think it wore down my immune system because I got a cold halfway through the program.
I also got comments on looking really unhealthy...washed out etc.

If I ever did it again I would eat the foods but not do the pills because they are REALLY strong laxatives-- not good for your body.
I didn't see how my body was going to benefit from the healthy foods if I was eating too many laxatives to absorb the nutrition.

I'm kind of anti-cleanses.
I've been on a few cleanses and they always make my body feel like super crap. I never finish them and as soon as I stop the laxatives or go back to eating meat I feel 100% better right away.

I think people's bodies would benefit more if they started an exercise program and focused on cutting junk and refined foods out of their diet for the long term.

Toxik
Toxik Member (1596posts)
4/1/2005 11:44:00 AM
cleansing-shmeansing...
I had to do it in order to get rid of my eczema.I've exhausted my body so bad! At one point I thought I was gonna get blown by the wind. I looked like Casper.

it sucked and was super hard ( for me)...but it did the job. smile

heart

dj_kitten
dj_kitten DJ/Artist (1407posts)
4/1/2005 1:09:00 PM
My girlfriend is starting it this week, I'll ask her for updates

SexyChilena
SexyChilena Member (1773posts)
4/1/2005 3:44:00 PM
I've done a few cleansing routines... detoxing being one... i tried it a few time...

and i strongly advice against it... it isnt the best feeling, u feel run down and its just no good for ur body (well....the outcome is good for u) but in the process... i felt like $hit. And i dont reccomend it at all... blank stare blank stare

SweetMandii
SweetMandii Member (138posts)
4/1/2005 5:07:00 PM
Yes i have done it. the first few days are pretty brutal. i wasnt feeling so hot. then you get used to it after that. its crazy what a diff it makes. i found even the color of my eyes was brighter after i did the detox. I lost about 7 lbs. but then again i just put it back on afterwards but it was a good cleanse if thats what your looking to do

Sapphire_sky
Sapphire_sky Member (6818posts)
4/1/2005 5:08:00 PM
What is the actual process you go through with the cleanse? I've seen it in stores and often thought about buying it, but I never have. What is the diet you have to stick to? What can and can't you eat? How many pills are you supposed to take? How long does it take you to feel "normal" again?

Spiderwoman
4/2/2005 12:07:00 AM
I felt normal as soon as I stopped with the pills.

I have the book at home... I will post the info as soon as I can.

DeaDSExxy_FoOt
DeaDSExxy_FoOt Member (4523posts)
4/2/2005 6:23:00 AM
My mom and I did the 12 day Wild Rose Detox last summer...
I was feeling kinda blah on the 2nd or 3rd day, however I felt fine for the rest. Although my mom had to stop the detox...haha she could nottttttttt handle it. She was on the can CONSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTLY....and totally lathargic.

Each individual is different to as how its going to affect their body..

Give it a try, you won't know till u find out. Honestly I felt awesome once the detox was done!!! smile

beachbunny
beachbunny Member (475posts)
4/2/2005 1:06:00 PM
THIS IS SUCH A BAD IDEA..... THE PILLS THEY GIVE YOU ARE STRONG LAXATIVES AND YOU CAN BECOME DEPENDANT ON THEM AND ITLL TOTALLY **** UP YOUR SYSTEM......

Spiderwoman
4/2/2005 1:23:00 PM
^ I agree with the alxatives being bad.

Here's the food info I promised:

Grains must be whole or cracked.
Must avoid flour and foods that contain flour.
Best grains for the diet: millet, buckwheat, brown rice, quinona, spelt, amaranth, rye, cornmel, seven grain cereal, oats, kamut, wheat

recommend only 2-3 servings of legumes a week

no tropical fruit (citrus, bananas, pineapple, melons) and only one serving of domestic fruit a day: apples, pears, peaches, plums, berries

meat acceptable-- organic recommended

no dairy: milk, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, cream

no fermented foods: wine, beer, pickles, vinegar, soy sauce, miso

no sweets: sugar, honey, maple syrup, dried fruit

no shellfish, peanuts, mushrooms, grapes

80% alkaline and neutral-0ash forming foods: vegetables, non tropical fruit, potatoes and squash, alkaline grains (millet, brown rice, buckwheat, rye) and fish.

20% acid forming foods: beans, lentils, meat, eggs, and acid grains (oats, corn, and wheat)

best foods: onions, garlic, green tea, and almonds

Toxik
Toxik Member (1596posts)
4/2/2005 3:39:00 PM
^
oh thats what I did....and still doing.

sweet_n_sexxxy
sweet_n_sexxxy Member (4144posts)
4/2/2005 5:40:00 PM
i will be wanting to start a detox/cleanse this week ..can anyone recommend a good one?

WhosYerDaddy
WhosYerDaddy Nightlife Industry (2432posts)
4/6/2005 2:24:00 PM
Hey Vanessa - I did it last summer. I say go for it but stick with the program. I lost about 8 lbs too I think. It's not as harsh as most out there sicne you are allowed to eat as much of the diet as you want... focus on what it says to eat like almonds, fish, etc.

DON'T CHEAT.

I should do it soon too. school is making me pudgy. This picture in my profile is from the good ol days ..about 2 weeks, in fact, after I did the cleanse.

smile

bachnobie
bachnobie Member (1posts)
5/1/2006 10:30:00 AM
I just started my first day today! YAY! smile I have done the wild rose many times and I love it although it has been quite awhile since the last time (almost 2 yrs!!).

Here is my question though... has anyone ever tried to drink and unfermented alcohol on the program? I was thinking that maybe it would do a number on me if I tried but we have company coming this weekend so I wouldn't mind having a drink or two. Let me know!

Oh and if anyone is on it and wants to give ideas to what they eat while on it that would be good. My favorite thing... in the am cooked oats mixed with an apple and cinnimon that have been cooked together and.... rice cake with avacado spread on it! It totally tastes so good you would think that you were cheating! lol

Spiderwoman
5/1/2006 12:43:00 PM
I drank.

And it didn't seem to be a big deal.

I LOVE GUACAMOLE on rice cakes! When cleanse is over, try melted cheddar on rice cake and cayenne before topping with guacamole.

I like the oatmeal with fennel myself.
Recipes:
http://www.clubvibes.com/...id=407168&forum_id=29

Electra1980
Electra1980 Member (1posts)
4/11/2007 7:03:00 PM
hey Spiderwoman can i get ur email, do u use msn

Ki10
Ki10 Member (193posts)
4/12/2007 8:53:00 PM
I did a cleanse on my own before. a cross between a cleanse and a fast I suppose. I don't think it's necessary to purchase a cleanse if you look for information on it and do it on your own. I did mine for 4/5 days I felt fantastic. I have only after a year started gaining back a bit of the nearly 20 lbs. I lost. After my cleanse I felt great and the idea of eating anything processed kind of made me ill, so I felt it kept my eating habits in check for a while afterwards. Also, because I followed the advide in the article I am about to post and weaned myself back into food, My body didn't grab the calories and immediately put them back on. http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.asp?Id=1996

NickyNineDoors
NickyNineDoors Member (2522posts)
4/13/2007 12:02:00 PM
I'm doing it right now. So far I've lost five lbs, have way more energy, wake up earlier, and feel great, basically.

It's simple, easy to follow, and the foods you can eat are not only tasty but good for you!

The best part about it is that it gives you a ratio of how much you should eat of each type of food- if you follow it, you'll find that you don't get hungry as often and you feel satisfied sooner, I find.

Anyways, I'd totally recommend it, I think it's great. It's made me be way more conscious of what I put into my body, and just generally take care of myself better.

NickyNineDoors
NickyNineDoors Member (2522posts)
4/13/2007 12:04:00 PM
Oh and I only take half the recommended dose of the laxatives because I found it was maybe a bit too much for my system. Everyone's system is different.

BaileeAnne
BaileeAnne Member (1posts)
5/28/2007 2:14:00 PM
What about Chickpeas (Garbanzo BEans).

1 2
Wanna add a comment?

Or Sign up to Clubvibes