BEST ALL U CAN EAT SUSHI!!!!!!!
1 2 3
 BEST ALL U CAN EAT SUSHI!!!!!!!
alize_red_passion
alize_red_passion Member (3825posts)
12/14/2005 7:27:00 PM
go to fish on rice by kingsway and willindon.

they have good all you can eat lunch and dinner

KungPow
KungPow Raver (23496posts)
12/14/2005 11:56:00 PM
top gun is good and they serve wild salmon sashimi on their all you can eat dinner menu.

soooo good

Guzy
Guzy Member (15011posts)
12/15/2005 12:09:00 AM
gangster chinese eh?

I'll have to check out Top Gun.

_tequilaSunriSe_
_tequilaSunriSe_ Member (33posts)
12/15/2005 1:01:00 AM
the new place Ichibikan Express at sfu is pretty good, and cheap ..like 2 sumthin for a pack of 6 smile

Ishtar
Ishtar Member (5721posts)
12/15/2005 1:12:00 AM
Top Gun has excellent prices for sushi - their all-u-can-eat isn't bad. I've had better though. The servers are quite cute, and all they play is Boyz II Men for music.
Since I would often take classes at the massage school up the road, I came in pretty often, they knew me on a first name basis. tongue

KRAZE
KRAZE Member (3544posts)
12/15/2005 1:40:00 AM
ya the sfu place is not bad and affordable. i eat it everyday up there. Get them to make it fresh though

Keano
Keano Member (205posts)
12/15/2005 8:11:00 AM
Top Gun is the best, just because their service is so good. Like said previously, so many other places don't even bring half your order. and.... that one guy does look like some Chinese gangster action star!! tongue

I thought SFU's was gross, but I guess I have to order it fresh, I didn't know they did that. I do know their chicken teriyaki bowl is one of the most disgusting things I've ever had.

I work part time at a sushi place that is run by Koreans, like many around, and the food's pretty good imo.

Phanyxx
Phanyxx Member (5817posts)
12/15/2005 5:54:00 PM
Ebei sushi on Granville and 49th(?)... Very good. I've started to dislike All-you-can-eat lately though... the quality is usually shat.

ANGELICsmile
ANGELICsmile Member (10133posts)
12/15/2005 11:22:00 PM
yes to Top Gun...love that place....like everyone keeps saying, the service is awsome..

tiffness
tiffness Member (7973posts)
12/16/2005 12:54:00 PM
ebei is on granville + 41.

most late nite menus have sashimi LIMIT. that is bullshiet. sad

and seriously, i haven't had better service than topgun (for ayce sushi). i mean, they always bring jugs of water to fill upyour cup. there are no bitchy waitresses that don't understand what you want. the selection of sashimi is amazing. (mirugai! raw oysters! hamachi!!)

pick up sushi is a WHOLE 'nother thread tongue

janedough
janedough Member (1527posts)
12/16/2005 6:51:00 PM
Top Gun in New West is great.

LOL at the comments about the Gangster movie star. Are you guys talking about the short guy who looks about 40 years old? The same guy that manages Richmond Sushi (or use to)?

The only thing 2 things I don't like about Top Gun is that the lunch menu doesn't have Chicken Skewers (sp? Yakaturi's) and that it's always packed on the weekends. Last time I went I had to wait 35 mins because it was so busy.

Deeves
Deeves Member (2631posts)
12/16/2005 6:59:00 PM
Ok, I have now been to the WORST all you can eat sushi place.

The crap hole in Metrotown mall, the one in the "metropolis". Was there last night and I think the best thing I ate was the chocolate mouse. All the sushi was overstuffed rice which i took apart anyways and hid under plates. The avacado in the cali rolls were brown to shiiiit.

The deep fried gyoza were as rubbery like crazy. And the salmon sashimi came with a spicy sauce.. i stopped eating it when i figured out it was probably to cover up the smell from the grade D salmon.

Dont go there.

anna98
anna98 Member (15posts)
12/16/2005 10:38:00 PM
All you can eat sushi is generally not as good as the regular stuff, but Shabusan would be my choice.

Popeez
Popeez Member (2118posts)
12/16/2005 11:04:00 PM
Ok, I have now been to the WORST all you can eat sushi place.

its sushi in a mall..dont expect much..

SnoOkie
SnoOkie Nightlife Industry (3660posts)
12/17/2005 6:19:00 AM
thats what its all about...and I thought I was a sushi connoisseur

a sushi connoisseur does not frequent any kind of all you can eat sushi place.

Popeez
Popeez Member (2118posts)
12/17/2005 6:29:00 PM
sushi connoisseur does not frequent any kind of all you can eat sushi place.

ballin on a budget homeboi..I know about the good sushi places like the one lower down on robson..went there a couple of times..I think its spelt gee..or theres a good place right by stefos on denman..but got to love the all you can eat..and so does everyone.. wink

Reminisce
Reminisce Member (1130posts)
12/17/2005 6:33:00 PM
shabu shen and richmond sushi

fabasi
fabasi Promoter (6864posts)
12/17/2005 6:46:00 PM
I have tried the following over the last 7 years (since my first discovery of the AYCE Sushi concept :-)

- Shabusan : both locations
- Tempopo (my first AYCE sushi experience)
- Kishapopo (all locations)
- Ohaku (Broadway)
- the place across the st. from Ohaku on Broadway
- the new place at Arutus and Broadway (Kits Sushi?)
- Robson sushi
- Granville Sushi (R.I.P.)
- Top Gun (New West)
- that place in Metrotown, on the floor below Silver City
- that place near Metrotown, across from Crystal Mall

and probably a couple more that I forgot about...

My top picks are:
- Robson Sushi: FAST service, fresh food. I have been going to this place since it first opened in 2000 (it used to be called something else and was open until 1:30am). The food quality has gone up and down over the years depending on the owner, but the current management ensures food is always fresh and good quality and service is incredibly fast, not to mention this is the cheapest AYCE in town.

- that new place on Arbutus and Broadway (I think it is called Kits Sushi): I went there when they first opened last year and did not think much of it. Went again last week and WOW! For $18.99 you get the most amazing and best quality of all varieties of sushi and japanese foor. This place is my new AYCE favorite. There is also a $21.99 menu which gives you even more selection, but I was quite happy with the cheaper menu.

:-)

-f.

Ishtar
Ishtar Member (5721posts)
12/17/2005 10:30:00 PM
I went to the shabusen place on granville. The food was good, the service was horrible. I'd likely go on a more quiet night. There were so many families there! Could be why the service was the sh1t. But in terms of sushi quality, it's not bad. The ambience was crap.

Keano
Keano Member (205posts)
12/18/2005 11:41:00 PM

LOL at the comments about the Gangster movie star. Are you guys talking about the short guy who looks about 40 years old? The same guy that manages Richmond Sushi (or use to)?

I don't remember that guy being tall, but he has longish black hair, and this kick ass kung fu moustache. He doesn't look 40 either i think. I don't know though it's been a while since i've been there.

Belfunk
Belfunk Member (192posts)
12/20/2005 3:06:00 PM
Check out SUSHI TOWN 5935 Hastings St in Burnaby. Biggest pieces of nigiri i've ever seen. The piece of fish is about an inch and a half longer than the rice. Not all you can eat but the combos are huge and very very tasty.

My best find since I moved to Burnaby 4 years ago.

1 2 3
Wanna add a comment?

Or Sign up to Clubvibes