Online Dating
1 2
 Online Dating
Crosshairs
Crosshairs Member (525posts)
9/14/2008 7:11:00 PM
What do you think of it?

Seems like alot of crap to me. Online dating simplified..

a. look at pictures
b. add to favorites
c. send message hello
d. get some stupid 2 line message back
e. hit reply with your own stupid 2 line message
f. go back and forth for a week or 2
g. get telephone number
h. talk
i. find out theres no match
j. start again

I know people who have been online dating for 7 years!!!! They are still single.

Is online dating a fraud?

Thoughts?

Edited by Bashley on 10/9/2008 7:20:04 AM

ESCO_
ESCO_ Clubber (6616posts)
9/14/2008 7:36:00 PM
its cool but lots of ins and outs. before chiillin.

coconut_monkee
coconut_monkee Member (21776posts)
9/14/2008 7:44:00 PM
imo, it depends on what you're looking for, and how you approach it.. I've had tonnes of conversations with ladies online, sometimes random banter, sometimes in-depth discussions that leave a great lasting impression, or new insights etc.

you're comical synopsis of the process indicates one who wishes to get to the pot of gold as quickly as possible, without wasting too much of each person's time, which, there's nothing wrong with.

However, you also have to remember, if you're searching for chicks, and see an attractive pic, chances are a couple hundred guys already have too.

Use PoF for example.... i don't think i've seen many female accounts that show that they have been added to less than 50 guys favourites lists. So, if you get the chance to have a convo, well, at least develop it, right?

This process is the same in "real life". How many times have you shown interest in a chick you just met, had some random banter, and then set up a date, only to find out date #2 wouldn't be in the cards?

mysteria2001
mysteria2001 Member (371posts)
9/14/2008 9:04:00 PM
True!

In my opinion, the internet is a different way to meet people. It has some advantages- such as you get to decide who you want to have a conversation with- but I do partially agree with crosshairs. There are a LOT of no matches!

But all in all, I would say the internet is a pretty good medium.You don't have to go through the first date to get a clue about what the other person is about, you can find that out in online conversations.Also, you don't have to waste your precious time with someone, unless you feel that there may be some sort of a connection. I think it is better than meeting someone in a bar, for sure..but obviously there are exceptions to every rule.

StarckTruth
StarckTruth Member (12396posts)
9/15/2008 4:32:00 AM
It can work.

I met my wife online, and we've been married since 2004.

You need to be creative, and perhaps kind of lucky. Just like any other way of meeting people. If you have no personality and are totally risk-averse, you're not likely to succeed in any dating milieu.

ESCO_
ESCO_ Clubber (6616posts)
9/15/2008 9:46:00 AM
i think its cool meeting and getting to know how a person is and what they like. Its eciting and fun, and you get to make fun of their stalkers. But at the end of the day when the storms over the calm, its senseless bullshiiit.

mysteria2001
9/15/2008 2:19:00 PM
Lol..

I have met quite a few people online, actually. And almost all of them are awesome people who are now good friends of mine. I even dated a few people I met online! I don't see anything wrong with it, and I don't rely on it.........

Revenge
Revenge Member (5412posts)
9/15/2008 5:31:00 PM
The internet is a tool like any other way to meet people.
bar, social club, speed dating, etc

_Marduk_
_Marduk_ Member (4907posts)
9/15/2008 6:18:00 PM
meh

Revenge
Revenge Member (5412posts)
9/15/2008 7:52:00 PM
watch this video about getting your hopes crushed by online dating

http://www.theonion.com/c...e_dating_helping_pathetic

_Acid_
_Acid_ Member (1736posts)
9/15/2008 9:27:00 PM
I'm looking for a clean and neat situation, something we can both easily slide into.

- Must enjoy riding City Transit while trading suggestive whispers.
-Pants with functional zippers are a definite plus.
-Hungry Man tv dinner breaks are allowed and respected as long as you remember to poke holes in the dessert.
-A little stubble is ok and protection a must, only a few exceptions to this one.
- Arriving with sex on your breath will result in an immediate dismissal.
- Bonus points for bringing your own rechargeable batteries.
-Height is optional.

Pics will be met with Pics.

NO MEN. NO COUPLES. And NO MEN. I will delete without even opening.

Cheers. Look forward to hearing from you.

Me.

__PoP___EyEs__
__PoP___EyEs__ Member (893posts)
9/16/2008 9:10:00 AM
uhraay i telling dis 1 thyme.

arrange marriage

gat aunty, uncle ta helping youuu

__PoP___EyEs__
9/16/2008 9:14:00 AM
afta marry pump out baabies

vat alse ta doing? vat will my parants think? he gating marry an nata having baabies?

wen i gating old. uhrayy babba whois looking afta me?

Mak baabies... mak population reaching 2 billions peoples
we gat very young population
noise, pollution, no clean watur, no sanitation

shmoove_cwiminal
shmoove_cwiminal Member (7794posts)
9/16/2008 9:39:00 AM
^ This character is lame.

Move on.

__PoP___EyEs__
9/16/2008 11:37:00 AM

Chaos
Chaos Member (8950posts)
9/16/2008 12:56:00 PM
I've had good times and bad times with online dating. Basically the same with any dating scene.

Crosshairs
Crosshairs Member (525posts)
9/16/2008 5:27:00 PM
Hmm

Interesting. Starck's story is compelling...thats amazing. Okay, so I should give it a try? So far i have had tons of mail, so I suppose that my pic, bio is ok. What I have had trouble with is actually meeting. Seems it takes a few emails and some tough planning to get that first contact.

Yer right Coconut, about it being a personality thing too. You really have to know how to handle yourself online to come across as ..you. Good thing I have had about 8 months of CV training now in online rappin...

I think I might.

mysteria2001
9/16/2008 5:58:00 PM
good luck smile

Lo_Lo
Lo_Lo Member (32133posts)
9/16/2008 8:31:00 PM
lol @ CV training

_Marduk_
_Marduk_ Member (4907posts)
9/16/2008 8:46:00 PM
Shootin fish in a fuxking barrel

angelkakes
angelkakes Member (3637posts)
9/17/2008 6:47:00 AM
I find online dating hasn't worked for me... It's mostly due to people look nothing like their pictures.

However, a good male friend decided to meet up with a woman he met online, both accompanied by a friend of theirs...

Long story short; they both ended up dating the friend the other brought & one of the couples is even married with their first newborn on the way.

1 2
Wanna add a comment?

Or Sign up to Clubvibes